Maelstrom Domesday: 100+ Years Campaign

News and Information from Arion Games.
Bifford
Site Admin

Maelstrom Domesday: 100+ Years Campaign

Post by Bifford » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:59 pm

As someone who backed Maelstrom Rome last year, I thought you might be interested to hear that we have just launched a new KS project for an epic Maelstrom Domesday campaign. This project will bring you over 100 game years of Domesday investigations, a guide to running a manor in Anglo-Norman England (with game stats) and a guide to "The Three Dales".

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... y-campaign

The campaign is at present a quarter written, and will be complete by the end of the year (there is a LOT of writing to do) but I am hoping to get the first half out there by the summer. This will be an epic campaign, but somewhat different to most epic campaigns out there. The long timespan means it will be generational, and the nature of MD means that characters will never become awesomely powerful. This is ordinary people doing an un-ordinary job for over a century!

At present there are two different pdf and two print options. I have not gone for special editions due to the hassle they create for me, but that might change!

I hope you are glad you backed the original game, and would ask that you look at the new KS to see if this could further enhance your MD game!

Graham
Warlock Returns AFF Discord channel: https://discord.gg/hpCRJkw

bottg
Site Admin

Re: Maelstrom Domesday: 100+ Years Campaign

Post by bottg » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:30 pm

Thank you for posting that. I am getting around to the promotion slowly!!

It will be quite different to most "epic" campaigns out there. It will cover about 103 years of Anglo-Norman history, meaning that even the youngest starting character would be 120 years old at the end! In turn, this means that you will have two, three or even more generations of characters over the course of the campaign.

It also means that the "power" of the characters won't increase over time, because there will be a state of flux where the roster will change from decade to decade through deaths, serious injuries or retirements.

I an running therough Book 1 at the moment and my players are absolutely loving it. For the first time in some years I am getting requests mid week for information, pdf copies of the rulebook etc.

It will not create a world saving zero to hero kind of epic campaign, but an epic story nevertheless.

Jakob

Post by Jakob » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:03 am

Wow, sounds very exciting! I will probably never be able to play through a campaign of 100+ sessions (I'm hard-pressed to manage a gaming session every other month, so we'd probably be either on Mars or in Mad-Max-Land by the time I get to finish it ...), I definitely want to get this.
http://swanosaurus.blogspot.com/ - A Fierce and Beautfiul Creature

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:52 pm

It is split into "Chapters" of 10-11 sessions each. There is a bit of a season finale to each one, and each has a slightly different feel to it. I realise that a non-stop 2-3 year campaign is tough on the GM and players, but i think ten is a good number as it feels like a mini campaign without being too long!