NEW MAGIC Rune magic

Robb 1
Knight

NEW MAGIC Rune magic

Postby Robb 1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:55 pm

As Im about to start a campaign In North East Allansia I hve started to work on Rune magic. For starters I am looking at coverting the Runes from 1st and 2nd Ed Warhammer Fantasy battle will post them as I work them out. Eventually I will try to set up the Complete futhark, might take a bit of time but hopefully it will be quicker than My Irillian conversion. Heres a start

Rune crafting
A person with this skill is able to forge Runes into items including Armour ,Weapons, Staffs, rings etc . Runes can also be woven into clothing and other mundain equipment . To forge or create rune Items the perso must have the required crafting skills weaponsmith, armourer, Tailor etc.
shintokamikaze
Knight

Re: NEW MAGIC Rune magic

Postby shintokamikaze » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:16 pm

Great idea, Palladium RPG has some cool rune stuff, I converted one adventure that has a rune sword
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:10 am

Looking forward to see more on this topic ;)
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:40 am

Mongoose RQ had a take on tangible Runes that might be worth a look too
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
Lorian
Knight

Postby Lorian » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:20 pm

Runes are quite hard to get right, but the results are worth it!
Life is merely a speck of dust on the beach of time...
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:08 pm

Runes so far as borrowed from WHFB 1st and 2nd ed

Spell rune
Can be placed on any item it will hold 1 spell placed in it when created and can be cast once per day with no magic test required

Armour Rune
This can be placed on any armour and even clothing it gives a +1 bonus on any armor worn per rune on the item. Much valued by wizards to give them armour protection as it can be placed on a robe cloak or bracers every rune increases the armour eg 1 rune = equivalent of leather cuirass every additional rune increases the armour rating by 1 level.

As I said A work in progress any thoughts?

Will add more as I work them out.
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:57 pm

I do remember rune magic also in the Mystara Gazzetteer of the Nothern Reaches, but I don't remember any further detail anymore. However, you may find some useful inspiration, there.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:02 am

Hi Hullalla got a copy of this so on my list to check plus have a couple of books on Rune magic and how it's created and used thanks for reminding me.

Cutting and smashing rune once per day it can be activated in combat to reduce armour protection (optional the armour is damaged and remains ineffective until Repaired.

Protection Rune once per day when activated the owner is automatically successful in 1 Luck test so items with multiple protection Runes are much sought after and very Rare
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:54 pm

More Runes

Rune of Flight
When placed on any thrown weapon it will automatically hit its target it becomes dormant for the rest of the day

Rune of Return
When placed on a throwing weapon it will automaticlly return to its weilder wheather the weapon hits or misses

Rune of swiftness
Once per day the weilder of this weapon increases their attacks by 1 for 1combat the attack can be used on a single enemy as ambidextrous tallent or used to attack an extra target or enemy.

Rune of Renewal
Once a single use rune is used this rune will reactivate 1 rune on the same item before becoming dormant. The rune will recharge the last rune discharged the wielder cannot choose which rune is charged if an item has multiple runes on it (It obviously goes wthout saying the rune wont recharge itself untill the next day

I still have the Death Runes to work out but will post them whe Ive done them. All of these Runes are permanent and can only be crafted by a highly skilled Runesmiths and Runecasters im thinking Rune magic 6 or above. The runes from the futhark will probably be single shot which require the magic roll to create and cast correctly.

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”