Idea for RP across the whole of Titan online

shintokamikaze
Knight

Re: Idea for RP across the whole of Titan online

Postby shintokamikaze » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:29 am

Robb 1 wrote:Is this going to run just on Facebook or Will it run through the Arion games forums as well?bit confused :oops:

I think it's facebook cos players will use it, and directors don't want their players hanging about on this forum as we post adventures here.
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:49 am

Can we define the rules for money that we will use, I know some directors don't use copper pieces, I started to use them with my new group, and I love using copper and silver most of the time my heroes don't see much gold, but the directors that use them seem to be charging different rates for things, we need to do a comprehensive price list of goods and service, so we are all on the same page :idea: for example a night in a good town tavern will cost 5 silver in my games, and a good meal in the tavern will cost 2 silver. I would love to see uniformity in all our games, and it would help when writing adventures. We seem to be all over the place with this :roll:
Last edited by shintokamikaze on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:17 am, edited 6 times in total.
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:53 am

Lorian wrote:The Inspector's grave is somewhere from one of our very old games I revisited.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yzf ... p=drivesdk

A forger :lol: Epic, his prices seem a little low to me, as in my games a tavern meal in a town is 2 silver, and your guy is charging less than 1 silver for a forged doc or key :shock:
Gareus

Postby Gareus » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:14 am

Ive changed the group privacy settings so people should just be able to request to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/252949768491757/

It should be listed as 'The World of Titan - Role Play AFF (Test)'

Just think of the current facebook version as a closed beta test. If we can get a few people on to try out the mechanics of RP online like this we will be able to find out what works and what doesn't then we can build the full forum/fb (whatever people decide) version after.

The killer for online interaction is when systems arent in place or things havent been thought about, you end up losing large numbers of initial contributors that way. this fb version is just to work out any kinks and see if we can make it work at all.

I think Lorian (or was it Ruffnut?) was talking about building a forum or something so I am happy to go with whatever, Im just doing this in the meantime to get some QT.

We could always just make any threads on here private that contain people who are posting campaign or story stuff they want private from their own players, then it could all work easily here without much fuss?

Just ideas is all. Please come and join if you have a FB or make one up if you have time and help beta test this thing!!!!!!!!
For Adventures Visit http://www.TheLegendofGareus.com or http://www.facebook.com/thelegendofgareus and give us a like......
Lorian
Knight

Postby Lorian » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:02 pm

Update to the Inspector's Grave

Now the forged keys are more unreliable... Don't forget that only members of the thieves guild or very rich clients can buy goods from thieves...
Life is merely a speck of dust on the beach of time...
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:17 pm

Lorian wrote:
Update to the Inspector's Grave

Now the forged keys are more unreliable... Don't forget that only members of the thieves guild or very rich clients can buy goods from thieves...

Ah OK
Baldrick

Postby Baldrick » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:39 pm

I use Shamutanti Hills as my guide for campaign economy... i.e., give the players 10 gold pieces in loot from an adventure, then charge 3 gold pieces a night at inns and 2 gold for a meal! Muahahaha :twisted:
Lorian
Knight

Postby Lorian » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:46 pm

Once one group took down a dragon, but their hireling's fees drove the heroes to debt!
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:57 pm

shintokamikaze wrote:Can we define the rules for money that we will use, I know some directors don't use copper pieces, I started to use them with my new group, and I love using copper and silver most of the time my heroes don't see much gold, but the directors that use them seem to be charging different rates for things, we need to do a comprehensive price list of goods and service, so we are all on the same page :idea: for example a night in a good town tavern will cost 5 silver in my games, and a good meal in the tavern will cost 2 silver. I would love to see uniformity in all our games, and it would help when writing adventures. We seem to be all over the place with this :roll:

Maybe we could formulate those bartering rules that have been discussed here a fair bit to help this too...
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:02 pm

Baldrick wrote:I use Shamutanti Hills as my guide for campaign economy... i.e., give the players 10 gold pieces in loot from an adventure, then charge 3 gold pieces a night at inns and 2 gold for a meal! Muahahaha :twisted:

This is my kind of GM!
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:04 pm

I am keen on this, as long as it doesn't affect the normal levels of interaction that go on here. Its just been nagging at the back of my mind and needs watching for a bit I think.
Ruffnut
Knight

Postby Ruffnut » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:25 pm

I think we should decide universal prices for some items E. G beds and meals.
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:41 pm

Ruffnut wrote:I think we should decide universal prices for some items E. G beds and meals.

Yeah that look like a good place to start.
Lorian
Knight

Postby Lorian » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:42 pm

We should approximate using items from the corebook and use copper piece rules...
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:53 pm

I think a lot of GMs will have differing pricing standards in their games, I think the best thing to do because of that is to consider this like a kind of Black Market pricing. Have it's own prices.

Maybe though we are being too complex, maybe players just say to each other how much they want and let them work it out?

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”