Culture

shintokamikaze
Knight

Culture

Postby shintokamikaze » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:13 pm

I was wondering about the culture of Northern Allansia, Chiang Mai & Kaypong in particular, the names sound very Asian and this pic from deathtrap shows a clear Asian feel for Fang, one of the peasants even has a kasa hat on, would I be right in thinking that both provinces have an Asian flavor :?:

I was thinking of something like Northern Japan.
Robb 1
Knight

Re: Culture

Postby Robb 1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:25 pm

I'm sure its mentioned somewhere that Ian got the names from places he visited whilst on a trekking holiday in Tibet and the Himalayas. I could be wrong but it fits with the illustrations Steve also got many of the names for places in the Sorcery series on a similar treck in the far east
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:42 pm

Robb 1 wrote:I'm sure its mentioned somewhere that Ian got the names from places he visited whilst on a trekking holiday in Tibet and the Himalayas. I could be wrong but it fits with the illustrations Steve also got many of the names for places in the Sorcery series on a similar treck in the far east

Ah, the Himalayas that makes perfect sense, the Icefingers are the Himalayas, so I was kinda right :lol:
SkinnyOrc
Knight

Postby SkinnyOrc » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:06 pm

The story I heard was the holiday was to Thailand, and Chiang Mai is a real city there. But he could well have gone to other countries inspiring the rest.
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:57 pm

SkinnyOrc wrote:The story I heard was the holiday was to Thailand, and Chiang Mai is a real city there. But he could well have gone to other countries inspiring the rest.

I think you're right I knew it was something like that :lol:
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:13 pm

If I remember well, Chiang Mai & Co. is related to a trip in Thailand and the lands of Sorcery to Tibet/Nepal.
Japan-like culture is present in Hachiman (Khul).
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”