The Wake Of The Dead

shintokamikaze
Knight

The Wake Of The Dead

Postby shintokamikaze » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:02 pm

Here's another D&D conversion, I changed the name from The night of the walking dead to Wake of the dead, as the title reminds to much of the TV show, and I think wake of the dead is a better title.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_xjUsly__KAS21ieDdrUnoxTDQ?usp=sharing

The problem with converting the ravenloft adventures is that in that world, the Heroes are transported to ravenloft by magic fog or something like that, so coming up with a reason why the heroes are lost in a swamp near Wolftown might be a little hard to explain, as I am trying to fit everything in to the world of Titan, in this case Allansia or you could just change it to another location :lol:
Dupont
Knight

Re: The Wake Of The Dead

Postby Dupont » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:24 pm

Being transported from one part of the Old world for Ravemloft conversions to another region or country sounds atmospheric to me! It would work for Allansia too, I'm just looking forwards to when I run Crown of Kings and having plenty of other things to do afterwards because of all these conversions!

I can imagine getting lost in fog, like the Hobbits on the Barrow downs, or plenty of Celtic folk tales/mythology, would be one way of 'transporting players'. On entering the fog they get lost and even though they know the region they're travelling through everything becomes a little uncanny, on leaving the fog they find themselves in countryside they dont recognise too well. It might not have to be ever fully explained afterwards either - once they finish the adventure you could always leave it dubious about where exactly they've been. doubt over a certain region, sometimes it seems to have completely different paths through the woods or over the hills.

From the little I know of Ravenloft, isnt Strahd a bit playful? He plays with Adventurers - am I right about that? You could have some similar type of being - sorcerer, vampire etc - willfully transport them in no uncertain terms. One minute they are very clearly in one country the next moment someone of your choice summons them, or teleports them. Theres a puff of theatrical coloured smoke and then whoosh! Welcome to...

Chasing someone into unknown territory, or rescuing someone and the night falling early in woods with a bad reputation always leads to getting lost or chased somewhere you didnt wanna be - Well in the fairy stories I like anyway :P

Or being summoned in desperation by locals that need heroes...

Or just a bogus adventure hook leads the players here and leaving is usually easier said than done. Theres no ferry back till dawn type thing.

Right, now I'm off to read your conversion lol
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:53 pm

I just read up on it it's called the Demiplane of Dread, which consists of a collection of land pieces called domains brought together by a mysterious force known only as "The Dark Powers". Each domain is mystically ruled by a being called a "Darklord". it's all a little Blah Blah Blah for me lol, I like my straight adventures. I think we could just have the Heroes anger a powerful mage and he teleport's them into the middle of the swamp near Wolfstown, I could imagine them teleporting in, ten feet above the swamp and hanging in the air for a second and plunging into the rotting water, the Heroes have no idea where they are, or if they are still even on the same continent, they would have to scramble about to build a raft :lol:
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:09 pm

Yeah I like it, I agree too with your take on the demi plane stuff. Im really keen to hear how some of these conversions have played out.
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:42 pm

White wolf and TSR both brought books for using Ravenloft as as campaign world so it could be used as an alternative campagn setting. White Wolf brought gazzeteers of all of the core domains 3 to a book including Barovia, and Mordent where Howls in the night is set. Sadly they never completed the outlying domains that float through the ether but the stuff they have done is well realised and worth a look. The Nightmare Lands is excelent for wierd dream adventures and allows acces to many other worlds Titan could easily be included :mrgreen:
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:30 am

I think that with some minor adaptation you can get away with the characters not being transported to another plane (or demi-plane), adapting the dominions directly to some place in Old Allansia or Mauristatia etc.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:16 am

Hullalla wrote:I think that with some minor adaptation you can get away with the characters not being transported to another plane (or demi-plane), adapting the dominions directly to some place in Old Allansia or Mauristatia etc.

That's what I did, just normal adventures, it is tricky because of the dark power stuff.
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:22 pm

you could adapt or use the fear mechanism from house of hell or the sanity (Might have got this wrong) from beneath nightmare castle 8)
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:49 pm

Robb 1 wrote:you could adapt or use the fear mechanism from house of hell or the sanity (Might have got this wrong) from beneath nightmare castle 8)

Good idea :P A heroes Willpower points start at the same level as the Heroes initial Luck, When a hero tests their willpower, if they pass it remains the same, but if they fail they deduct one willpower point, if their willpower falls below 6, the enter a Catatonic state :lol: That might be a bit to much, I don't think my group would stand for it.
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:14 am

Now this is on Titannica.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:48 pm

Nuvole! wrote:Now this is on Titannica.

Thanks

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”