Stellar Adventures

shintokamikaze
Knight

Re: Stellar Adventures

Postby shintokamikaze » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:31 am

Do you know what would be Epic, a game of colonial marines set in the Alien Predator universe you could have other enemies in it like warlords and pirates, and the bugs from starship troopers, pod people, and what ever alien parasite you can think of, the players could start in basic training and work their way up :lol:
Yep, I think I will go with this.

Time to start building scifi terrain :lol:
Robb 1
Adventurer

Postby Robb 1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:17 pm

yup Aliens for me watch out it's just another bug hunt yippee (statement redacted)doo.And with Aliens covenant due bring on the xenomorphs woo hoo :lol:
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:01 pm

I think I would be way too jumpy playing that lol

Game over man! Game over! (Someone had to say it)
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
Robb 1
Adventurer

Postby Robb 1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:38 pm

Time to break out the loader (waldo)Get away from her you B**** . This is Rumor control :lol:

We used to Role play in an Alien setting. My mate used an adapted version of the original Warhammer Battle after being inspired by an early play test for WH 40K at our local wargames convention we also did Mad Max Predator and even Starwars type settings with the same group of PCs great fun was had by all. :D
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:51 pm

I remember there being rumours of Rogue Trader 40k getting adapted into an rpg when going to various conventions and stuff - It seemed so brilliant a thing to do

I might have a crack at The Martian chronicles at some point, you could probably just work each chapter up into an adventure on its own if nothing else.
Lorian
Knight

Postby Lorian » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:56 am

You could play on Barasoom? There is a huge gazteer of info for it.
Life is merely a speck of dust on the beach of time...
LordArioch

Postby LordArioch » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:22 pm

Lorian wrote:You could play on Barasoom? There is a huge gazteer of info for it.

That's an outstanding idea! And the Carson of Venus series, and the Pellucidar series as well! ERB + AFF2e would be a match made in heaven, like chocolate and peanut butter. 8)
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:48 pm

What about some dino caveman pulp, I might start a Caprona/Caspak Gazetteer, but I will have to read the books again first, or audio books if I can find them free online.
Hello i'm Doug McClure you might remember me from such movies as
It looks like the 3 books are in the public domain, so they are on youtube :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO5J1P4Wc_U
Robb 1
Adventurer

Postby Robb 1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:40 pm

For a different take on humans and Dinosaur there's the Dinotopia books. Theres some nice art work which could be mapped and humans and Dinos work side by side but there are also the wild lands where the carnosaurs live.

From 2000Ad theres the flesh series where man travels back in time to harvest dino flesh for meat And the greatest threat to them is Old one eye a huge extremely clever TRex and her pack who sus out man flesh is good but also raiding farms where herbivore dinos are bred are easy pickings.
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:05 am

shintokamikaze wrote:What about some dino caveman pulp, I might start a Caprona/Caspak Gazetteer, but I will have to read the books again first, or audio books if I can find them free online.

In the appendices of Life on Barsoom gazzetter you can find Caprona stuff as well.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:56 pm

Barsoom and Jules Verne/Dinosaur/Journey to the centre of the Earth - epic type things would go down great. I may yet get a chance to run all those Space 1889 modules I have wanted to run for years too!
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:37 pm

I wish I could be one of the players around that table...
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:48 pm

Nuvole! wrote:I wish I could be one of the players around that table...

:D
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:55 pm

Has anyone been playing Mass Effect Andromeda?

I haven't - I would get bored playing a game like that. But I have been watching it on streams, despite its idiosyncrasies its often a very nice looking game. I have been watching a lot of the fire fights ( one of the things I always found clunky to actually play) and they are very colourful, often set against a themed colour, maybe the blue interior of a starship. Theres flamers, lasers and all sorts of pretty colours, it works very well and I am storing the imagery for descriptions. Its fairly close to what I would like the Last Legionary setting to be. Just add slightly more pulpy elements. It also puts me in mind of settings like Dune and original Battlestar Galactica. Dune could be interesting ( pretty sure no one has mentioned it but I could be wrong).
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:20 pm

Dupont wrote:Has anyone been playing Mass Effect Andromeda?

I haven't - I would get bored playing a game like that. But I have been watching it on streams, despite its idiosyncrasies its often a very nice looking game. I have been watching a lot of the fire fights ( one of the things I always found clunky to actually play) and they are very colourful, often set against a themed colour, maybe the blue interior of a starship. Theres flamers, lasers and all sorts of pretty colours, it works very well and I am storing the imagery for descriptions. Its fairly close to what I would like the Last Legionary setting to be. Just add slightly more pulpy elements. It also puts me in mind of settings like Dune and original Battlestar Galactica. Dune could be interesting ( pretty sure no one has mentioned it but I could be wrong).

My video game years are way behind me, last console I had was a PS1 :lol: :lol:

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”