Out of the Pit II - Status

Advanced Fighting Fantasy discussion
MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Re: Out of the Pit II - Status

Post by MountainPeak11 » Thu May 30, 2013 2:15 pm

parkusuk wrote:I have the almost complete manuscript now, so a few bits to finalise, a final edit etc, and then layout can start. Shouldn't be long!
Aaaaaagh all the books and none of the moneyyy :/ Ok well since it's you I'm going to buy your stuff but I can't get aaaanything else rpg-related for a while!

sylas

Post by sylas » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:53 pm

parkusuk wrote:I have the almost complete manuscript now, so a few bits to finalise, a final edit etc, and then layout can start. Shouldn't be long!
please take your time with the editing and proofreading (but not too long). would be a shame if we waited so long then when we finally get the finished product, we find a bunch of errors left in. we don't want a repeat of the unproofread FFd20 series now, do we.

drbargle

Post by drbargle » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:44 pm

Who will be doing the art on OotPII? Will it be at culled from the books (and I appreciate that there might be copyright issues there), or will there be/has there been new art commissioned?

Pożeracz zwłok

Post by Pożeracz zwłok » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:30 am

Ave!

There we've got new webstore so when we'll see new bookz? What about Out of the Pit II and other projects? Could you hurl some date? Perhaps approximate?
Death to one of dying mercenaries:
"I'm going to cast two 6-sided dice. If the score be higher than 12 you're safe"

nicholaslim

Post by nicholaslim » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:40 pm

I can hardly wait for it too...how about some sneak peeks?

Since we're talking about new releases, can we also get a date on the Salamonis book? I will also like to see a detail region-by-region for Allansia and a new adventure.

PS: Finally I get into this forum (activation problem) :D

PPS: I hope the new adventure isn't a remake of the Riddling Reaver (although I very much like it) as I had nearly adapted the original game into the new AFF from the book I bought from eBay.

Robb 1
Knight

Post by Robb 1 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:51 pm

Any news on publication dates for OOTP 2, Salamonis or the sci fi expansion? :D

Pożeracz zwłok

Post by Pożeracz zwłok » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Deaf silence :)

I have one big problem with Out of the Pit I - monsters' stats are in core book. It makes using much harder. You have to open both bookz, and usually there's no place on the table - it's coverd by battlemat, non-permanent markers, many figures, yerba mate, mead, horn for mead, dozen of dice, cola, sandwiches... :))
Death to one of dying mercenaries:
"I'm going to cast two 6-sided dice. If the score be higher than 12 you're safe"

torus
Knight

Post by torus » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:51 am

Pożeracz zwłok wrote:Deaf silence :)

I have one big problem with Out of the Pit I - monsters' stats are in core book. It makes using much harder. You have to open both bookz, and usually there's no place on the table - it's coverd by battlemat, non-permanent markers, many figures, yerba mate, mead, horn for mead, dozen of dice, cola, sandwiches... :))
Yeah I think it's a case of having to heavily annotate the book..! Annoying and as far as I am aware, entirely due to the rather silly aspect of Arion's license from Jackson & Livingstone.

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:33 pm

Well, it is almost there, slowed down partly by the finishing off of Maelstrom Domesday and partly by the fact that there are 250 images to sort out the license fee on...

More within a week or so though.

d6&d6
Adventurer

Post by d6&d6 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:09 am

Tentez votre chance...

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:40 pm

It has taken a while, but the Kickstarter is now live for Beyond the Pit: http://kck.st/1aBZpMk

I am hoping to start on the layout next week, and i should be able to have a test print copy before the end of the KS campaign!

d6&d6
Adventurer

Post by d6&d6 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:29 pm

I've made my pre order on Paizo, does it count as a kickstarter? Because I'm willing to help get this book out!
Tentez votre chance...

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:21 pm

d6&d6 wrote:I've made my pre order on Paizo, does it count as a kickstarter? Because I'm willing to help get this book out!
It won't unfortunately, but i don't think we will have problems passing the goal somehow...

d6&d6
Adventurer

Post by d6&d6 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:54 pm

parkusuk wrote:
d6&d6 wrote:I've made my pre order on Paizo, does it count as a kickstarter? Because I'm willing to help get this book out!
It won't unfortunately, but i don't think we will have problems passing the goal somehow...
So I have another question. Does giving to the kickstarter will bring more butter on your bread? If it does, I'll cancel Paizo and give it to the kickstarter instead!

You see, I want you to have more butter, to be healthier and to have more energy to write us more books! ;)
Tentez votre chance...

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:40 pm

d6&d6 wrote:
parkusuk wrote:
So I have another question. Does giving to the kickstarter will bring more butter on your bread? If it does, I'll cancel Paizo and give it to the kickstarter instead!

You see, I want you to have more butter, to be healthier and to have more energy to write us more books! ;)

I will admit that we as a company do better if people buy books direct from us (kickstarter or webstore). However, i understand that people will buy their books from a whole range of suppliers, and we do benefit either way!