Blacksand - Status

Advanced Fighting Fantasy discussion
torus
Knight

Re: Blacksand - Status

Post by torus » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:34 am

Omitting the original Blacksand adventure is no great loss. Better to have a bunch of hooks or short adventure outlines.

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:58 pm

A quick update.... A bad case of Norovirus last week hit me hard and delayed things, but the main manuscript is finished. Some tidying up to do and bits and pieces to finish, but the manuscript is now with the proofreaders and layout should start in a couple of days.

Longer than i anticipated, but i am very happy with it at the moment!

MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Post by MountainPeak11 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:24 am

parkusuk wrote:A quick update.... A bad case of Norovirus last week hit me hard and delayed things, but the main manuscript is finished. Some tidying up to do and bits and pieces to finish, but the manuscript is now with the proofreaders and layout should start in a couple of days.

Well I guess I have to look on the bright side, in that it's going to come out after I've finished my deadline!

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Wed May 01, 2013 8:17 pm

parkusuk wrote:A quick update.... A bad case of Norovirus last week hit me hard and delayed things, but the main manuscript is finished. Some tidying up to do and bits and pieces to finish, but the manuscript is now with the proofreaders and layout should start in a couple of days.

I bet'd you had some of the "heaing potions" that I helped making...
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Wed May 01, 2013 8:54 pm

First time I can see Blacksand cover... http://www.fightingfantazine.co.uk/FF11.pdf page 10 8)
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

torus
Knight

Post by torus » Thu May 02, 2013 8:03 am

Hullalla wrote:First time I can see Blacksand cover... http://www.fightingfantazine.co.uk/FF11.pdf page 10 8)
Always have trouble viewing this magazine, the file size is so big. Wish there was a slimline version. Anyway, I managed to see the cover picture. Is that confirmed? I suppose there hasn't really been a decent painting of Blacksand's streets - eg like the famous one of Khare.

d6&d6
Adventurer

Post by d6&d6 » Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

Blacksand in may! It sounds good in my ears! I wanted to send my players there but I guess I'll send them the other way of Allansia just for the time I'll get this book! :wink:
Tentez votre chance...

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Thu May 02, 2013 8:56 pm

I should have my test copy from the printer by the end of next week, and all being well i should be sending out the softcovers signed by me a week later.
The Steve & Ian signed books will be a little later, as will the leatherbounds.

Skyrock

Post by Skyrock » Sun May 05, 2013 1:30 pm

I'm thrilled to see that there will finally be a re-release of the Blacksand book.

The Blacksand portion of the AFF1 book consisted of 90 pages in ~A5, so about 45 pages in the new AFF2 format. At which page count does the city portion clock in in the new book?

Will there any random encounter table(s) for towns in general/Port Blacksand/the districts of Blacksand?

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Sun May 05, 2013 1:58 pm

The Blacksand stuff is about 60+ pages in the new book, with about 35 of new rules/settlement generation etc.

I havn't included a random encounter table, but that is not a bad idea, and it could go into an appendix which i am doing today.

I have been tweaking and adding bits all weekend so far, but it should be ready to order test copies first thing tues as planned. Photos by the end of next week, and hopefully most will be posted out the end of the following week.

Nearly there....(phew).....

d6&d6
Adventurer

Post by d6&d6 » Sun May 05, 2013 2:15 pm

What makes my day these times? Is to see a new parkusuk message in the Blacksand Status :D
Tentez votre chance...

MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Post by MountainPeak11 » Sun May 05, 2013 4:27 pm

Excellent work Graham! I'll definitely be doing a review on my new channel of it (shameless plug: http://www.youtube.com/user/theroguedm)! I'm very excited! Can't wait to get my copy! :D (Btw am I right in thinking that only paperbacks either signed by you or Steve and Ian, or leatherbound versions are available? Ie no hardback copies?)

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Sun May 05, 2013 10:02 pm

MountainPeak11 wrote:Excellent work Graham! I'll definitely be doing a review on my new channel of it (shameless plug: http://www.youtube.com/user/theroguedm)! I'm very excited! Can't wait to get my copy! :D (Btw am I right in thinking that only paperbacks either signed by you or Steve and Ian, or leatherbound versions are available? Ie no hardback copies?)
All three were part of the indiegogo campaign, and i will get some extra copies of both softcover and hardback done for expo/webstore.

Just finishing off the encounter tables now, steve luxton has promised me the final map this evening and proofreading ongoing.....

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Sun May 05, 2013 10:04 pm

Added to which, i have something else AFF related for Expo....

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Tue May 07, 2013 3:07 pm

Test copies ordered, some photos at the end of the week with any luck!