Marrangha witchcraft / magic

Advanced Fighting Fantasy discussion
Nuvole!
Archmage

Marrangha witchcraft / magic

Post by Nuvole! » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:51 pm

I'm currently going through "Creature of Havoc", that is set in Allansia and I found that marrangha witchcraft / magic described in it (it is mostly about magically swapping lims between creature and other similar dark magic) is not properly captured in AFF nor in heroes companion (or did I miss it?? :oops: ).

Looks like a cool magic art to me, and maybe it could be pencilled for inclusion in a future project?
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Zigg

Re: Marrangha witchcraft / magic

Post by Zigg » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:48 pm

A player with Marrangha will be hated by the other PC´s when he start with the "experiments"... :D :D

Slloyd14
Site Admin

Post by Slloyd14 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:04 pm

It could be a ritual to try and 'upgrade' a character by giving them the powers of other creatures or by giving them mutations (like in the Riddling Reaver). Of course, there should be some risk of it going horribly wrong...
http://virtualfantasies.blogspot.com/

A blog about writing gamebooks. My musings on how to write a gamebook and what makes a good gamebook.

MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Post by MountainPeak11 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:00 pm

I have this feeling something similar is summed up in the Heroes' Companion but it's not called Marrangha. I'll look it up and get back to you.