Salamonis Book?

Advanced Fighting Fantasy discussion
bottg
Site Admin

Salamonis Book?

Post by bottg » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:56 pm

Whilst finishing off Blacksand, it occurred to me that a Salamonis sourcebook would be a good addition to the line. Adventure hooks, the royal court, intrigue, forest of Yore etc all seem to be good starting points for Allansian adventures and it seems like a good idea to my overheated brain..

d6&d6
Adventurer

Re: Salamonis Book?

Post by d6&d6 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:35 pm

I would like that just to have some more reference points to include in my games. I like Titan world but the gathered information in the book it's a little too sparse for me. I don't need many more details but it's good to have more informations to rely to. Salamonis, I will buy for sure!
Tentez votre chance...

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:59 pm

Great idea!!!
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Post by MountainPeak11 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:37 am

parkusuk wrote:Whilst finishing off Blacksand, it occurred to me that a Salamonis sourcebook would be a good addition to the line. Adventure hooks, the royal court, intrigue, forest of Yore etc all seem to be good starting points for Allansian adventures and it seems like a good idea to my overheated brain..
YES PLEASE YES PLEASE YES PLEASE! :D

But caps lock aside, I've always been interested in Salamonis, but not so interested that I'd need to pick out fragments of knowledge here and there... so yes a sourcebook for me would be great!

SurrenderMonkey

Post by SurrenderMonkey » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:47 am

Intriguing!

torus
Knight

Post by torus » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:20 pm

I think this would be fantastic. It's what I've wanted for a while! From 2011, viewtopic.php?f=13&t=347: 'imagine something like a module covering the Craggen Heights and Salamonis, with details of some of the main sites (e.g. the Citadel of Chaos, Salamonis itself and its hinterland, and also perhaps a goblin village, a watchtower, an old dwarven mine, and some adventure ideas or outlines set in each place.'

Or your suggestion of Salamonis & the Forest of Yore would be just as good (after all, the Citadel of Chaos is essentially covered already).

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:23 pm

...and then it will be the turn of Zengis, built on the ruins of Gar Goldoran??? :idea:
I always felt that Zengis has a great unexpressed potential in this campaign world... :wink:
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Robb 1
Knight

Post by Robb 1 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:18 pm

Count me in for a Salamonis and surrounding area guide book would also be interested in one for Fang. It might also be interesting to have guides for other areas such as the snake lands. Or how about one detailing the demonic planes and beyond. :lol:

MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Post by MountainPeak11 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:51 pm

Robb 1 wrote:Count me in for a Salamonis and surrounding area guide book would also be interested in one for Fang. It might also be interesting to have guides for other areas such as the snake lands. Or how about one detailing the demonic planes and beyond. :lol:
Sooooooooooooooo basically Titan II? :P

d6&d6
Adventurer

Post by d6&d6 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:08 am

MountainPeak11 wrote:
Robb 1 wrote:Count me in for a Salamonis and surrounding area guide book would also be interested in one for Fang. It might also be interesting to have guides for other areas such as the snake lands. Or how about one detailing the demonic planes and beyond. :lol:
Sooooooooooooooo basically Titan II? :P
In fact every area is worth a book because there's so much to Titan but Salamonis is a great choice for the next book.
Tentez votre chance...

Robb 1
Knight

Post by Robb 1 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:01 pm

Sooooooooooooooo basically Titan II? :P[/quote]

Yup works for me but salamonis will do for now :P :lol:

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:47 pm

This looks like a yes then.....

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:16 pm

parkusuk wrote:This looks like a yes then.....
Actually, it is a YES

Robb 1
Knight

Post by Robb 1 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:57 pm

I was just thinking about the Salamonis book. would it be a natural progression to update the original AFF adventure running through the core 1st Edition AFF books? I'm sure it would be a great way to link two cities that are almost one would imagine polar opposites to each other. :wink:

Pożeracz zwłok

Post by Pożeracz zwłok » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:07 am

AVE!!!

Great idea, we're waiting eagerly for Salamonis Compendium. Apart from city itself try to describe area around - it could give many hooks for scenarios.
Death to one of dying mercenaries:
"I'm going to cast two 6-sided dice. If the score be higher than 12 you're safe"