Natural Mage Question:

Advanced Fighting Fantasy discussion
Zigg

Natural Mage Question:

Post by Zigg » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:44 pm

If my character has Natural Mage and a skill of 2 doesn´t need to make a spellcasting roll when trying to cast, for example, firebolt, which has a cost of 1......but, what happens if I spend more Magic Points in it to increase the difficulty of my opponent´s Luck test.? I have to make the test or Natural Mage affects the Rank of the spell (not counting the extras MP)

MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Re: Natural Mage Question:

Post by MountainPeak11 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:31 pm

Zigg wrote:If my character has Natural Mage and a skill of 2 doesn´t need to make a spellcasting roll when trying to cast, for example, firebolt, which has a cost of 1......but, what happens if I spend more Magic Points in it to increase the difficulty of my opponent´s Luck test.? I have to make the test or Natural Mage affects the Rank of the spell (not counting the extras MP)
I've never had a wizard in my party before but I would say if you want to increase the difficulty of your opponent's LUCK test by spending more Magic Points, if it exceeds the benefits of Natural Mage (ie allowing you to cast a spell without rolling), then you would need to roll to cast the spell.

Zigg

Re: Natural Mage Question:

Post by Zigg » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:20 pm

That´s what i thought. Then that Talent become less powerful but more balanced with the others...
thanks