Tell Me About the Setting of Titan & Allansia

Advanced Fighting Fantasy discussion
Kheldar

Tell Me About the Setting of Titan & Allansia

Post by Kheldar » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:56 pm

Still looking into AFF2, and I've heard great things about Titan and Allansia.

What's so special about it, why is it interesting, what makes it so enjoyable for you?

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks
Last edited by Kheldar on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Re: Tell Me About the Setting of Tital & Allansia

Post by MountainPeak11 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:35 am

Kheldar wrote:Still looking into AFF2, and I've heard great things about Titan and Allansia.

What's so special about it, why is it interesting, what makes it so enjoyable for you?

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks
Well, for one thing it's extremely contrasting. There are deserts, tundra, Arctic and tropical conditions on the same continent. There's lots of history behind Titan. It's awesome.

Zigg

Re: Tell Me About the Setting of Titan & Allansia

Post by Zigg » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:55 am

For me is quite enjoyable because of all the FF books I read when I was younger, all that adventures in that fantastic setting similar to other epic fantasy worlds but also very different too. I would recommend you to adquire and read some of that gamebooks first.....

Kheldar

Post by Kheldar » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:47 am

A few decades ago I remember playing Forest of Doom, Deathtrap Dungeon and one or two others. They were great, and I enjoyed the background to the world. But I only scratched its surface

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:51 pm

Kheldar wrote:A few decades ago I remember playing Forest of Doom, Deathtrap Dungeon and one or two others. They were great, and I enjoyed the background to the world. But I only scratched its surface
Even if you read all 60+ gamebooks, you have still only just scratched the surface.

It is very....atmospheric. The art of Russ Nicholson, John Blanche and others really evokes a specific feeling. For example this:

Zigg

Post by Zigg » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:55 pm

I love John Blanche art. You can see his drawings and think,"yes, it´s a different world, similar to our but with strange landscapes and dominated with another rules, magic rules and so"

Kheldar

Post by Kheldar » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:11 pm

Zigg wrote:I love John Blanche art. You can see his drawings and think,"yes, it´s a different world, similar to our but with strange landscapes and dominated with another rules, magic rules and so"
That's art from the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay game. If that's the same artist who does pieces for AFF2, that's a massive plus.

How big is Allansia? Someone mentioned there being deserts, and snow plains - but not both on Allansia surely?

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:36 pm

Kheldar wrote:
Zigg wrote:I love John Blanche art. You can see his drawings and think,"yes, it´s a different world, similar to our but with strange landscapes and dominated with another rules, magic rules and so"
That's art from the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay game. If that's the same artist who does pieces for AFF2, that's a massive plus.

How big is Allansia? Someone mentioned there being deserts, and snow plains - but not both on Allansia surely?
It is actually Khare from the Sorcery series! But John went on to be art director for GW and did an awful lot of art for WFRP after that.

There are maps here which show you the world and Allansia itself.

http://www.arion-games.com/wpimages/wp48bbac74_06.png

http://www.arion-games.com/AllansiaMap.pdf

Kheldar

Post by Kheldar » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:58 pm

Guess who just purchased AFF2, OotP, and Titan!?

Please kind sir, make sure that they are the latest ones with the updated errata :)

Thanks all for your patience with my questions

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:59 pm

Kheldar wrote:Guess who just purchased AFF2, OotP, and Titan!?

Please kind sir, make sure that they are the latest ones with the updated errata :)

They are indeed the latest, and are sitting on the table waiting to be wrapped!

Kheldar

Post by Kheldar » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:31 pm

parkusuk wrote:
Kheldar wrote:Guess who just purchased AFF2, OotP, and Titan!?

They are indeed the latest, and are sitting on the table waiting to be wrapped!
Mine! :D

Thanks

I'm going to use AFF2 to run stuff like ad&d's The Temple of Elemental Evil

Do you think this is possible?

Robb 1
Knight

Post by Robb 1 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:25 pm

Yes it is possible to use Titan/Allansia to set AD&D modules theres alot of uncharted territory to place them and convert the adventures to AFF. Though if you want truly AFF Titan adventures I would recommend Graham's Sorcery Campaign based on the solo game books of the same name By Steve Jackson or Jamie Wallaces Mirador AFF to AD&D Modules.

I'm having a go at converting Irillian An old white Dwarf article/ adventure for AD&D from the 1980s based in a small city, and tweaking it to a more Titan flavour, to try with a group at some point in the future. :D

Kheldar

Post by Kheldar » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:15 pm

Robb 1 wrote:Yes it is possible to use Titan/Allansia to set AD&D modules theres alot of uncharted territory to place them and convert the adventures to AFF. Though if you want truly AFF Titan adventures I would recommend Graham's Sorcery Campaign based on the solo game books of the same name By Steve Jackson or Jamie Wallaces Mirador AFF to AD&D Modules.

I'm having a go at converting Irillian An old white Dwarf article/ adventure for AD&D from the 1980s based in a small city, and tweaking it to a more Titan flavour, to try with a group at some point in the future. :D
The Sorcery Campaign? I can see the Crown of Kings campaign on the website, but that's it

I remember Irillian, never delved into it but I remember seeing it in there

Good times :)

Kheldar

Post by Kheldar » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:16 pm

Any idea when I can expect my books parkusuk?

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:39 pm

Kheldar wrote: I'm going to use AFF2 to run stuff like ad&d's The Temple of Elemental Evil
Do you think this is possible?
Absolutely :wink:
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.