My next AFF game...

Advanced Fighting Fantasy discussion
d6&d6
Adventurer

My next AFF game...

Post by d6&d6 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi

Just want to start a light thread that talks about what your next AFF adventure will be. That will be the place to share what we're up to and maybe inspire each other in the process.

===============================================================
Mine is easy. I have prepared the "Forest of Doom" adventure for my group. I have the Myriador module and the gamebook to make it happen. I have just not figured witch price scale I'll use because in the gamebook, prices are about 1/10 of the price of the module.

I'll try to make it most organic as I can with less magical treasures. I'll keep some significant ones as they come.
Tentez votre chance...

bottg
Site Admin

Re: My next AFF game...

Post by bottg » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:10 pm

I would keep the minor magics from Yaztromos tower but also change the prices and limit the number they can buy. Still allow them to talk their way around the problems though.

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:32 pm

I'm converting the Caverns of Snow Witch, with some addition from Fighting Fantazine adventure "Return to Icefinger Mountains"(issue #9, if I remember well)...

In the meanwhile the first Act of my adventure-cycle for "inexperienced" adventurers is coming to closure, so after that I'll post this first module...
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Post by MountainPeak11 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:32 pm

I'm currently preparing my own adventure for some people.
The gist is that a stronghold named Hammerfall, three days march from Stonebridge, has been overrun by hoards of goblins and their master. Beneath the stronghold and across a river of lava lies Hammerfall prison, which is where the PCs wake up. Their job is to escape from the stronghold.

I'm currently in need of a couple more players so if anyone's interested...drop me a line. :)

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:35 pm

Are you playing by post or live?
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Post by MountainPeak11 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:43 pm

Hullalla wrote:Are you playing by post or live?
Live via roll20! I'm going to be recording it too.

d6&d6
Adventurer

Post by d6&d6 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:44 am

MountainPeak11 wrote:
I may be interested, depending on time scale between Canada and England... it may be tough :?

But your idea seems great!
Tentez votre chance...

d6&d6
Adventurer

Post by d6&d6 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:45 am

parkusuk wrote:I would keep the minor magics from Yaztromos tower but also change the prices and limit the number they can buy. Still allow them to talk their way around the problems though.
Actually, I was thinking of giving them the 30gp from Biglegs pouch as in the gamebook and keeping the price from the Myriador module!

Thanks for the input!
Tentez votre chance...

MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Post by MountainPeak11 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:27 am

d6&d6 wrote:
MountainPeak11 wrote:
I may be interested, depending on time scale between Canada and England... it may be tough :?

But your idea seems great!
I'll be playing in the evening, so you'd need to be free during the day.

d6&d6
Adventurer

Post by d6&d6 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:13 pm

That's what I tought MP11... So have a nice game, I'm sure it will be up to the challenge!
Tentez votre chance...

Robb 1
Knight

Post by Robb 1 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:41 pm

I'm working on converting Irillian from White dwarf 42 to 47 setting it near Fangthane as it begins with an ambush on a Dwarven caravan. Also working On converting AD&D Spider Bite a mini adventure and possibly the legendary Keep in the Border Lands from basic d&d , and maybe The Created from Ravenloft 8)

MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Post by MountainPeak11 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:26 am

Robb 1 wrote:I'm working on converting Irillian from White dwarf 42 to 47 setting it near Fangthane as it begins with an ambush on a Dwarven caravan. Also working On converting AD&D Spider Bite a mini adventure and possibly the legendary Keep in the Border Lands from basic d&d , and maybe The Created from Ravenloft 8)
I suppose an AD&D adventure can also be added to my list of modules to make. *Sigh* if only I got paid for doing these... xD

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:02 pm

I think that Ravenloft should fit very well... for example the Howl of the Werewolf is very much in the same line of thought...

Robb 1
Knight

Post by Robb 1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:22 pm

I am hoping to rejig one of my earlier FF adventures to AFF2 called, The Quest For Karadeth it's about 25 years old and will need some serious updating. It involves the theft of a powerful Artifact. In this case a sword stolen from Karadeths shrine which lays in a town named Three falls, and clings to the side of a cliff split by 3 great waterfalls ( surprisingly :wink: or not) it also has a series of locks, tunnels, and lifts for transporting ships up and down through the citys three levels which are possibly of Dwarven construction, somewhere in the mountains .

d6&d6
Adventurer

Post by d6&d6 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:06 am

Robb 1 wrote:I am hoping to rejig one of my earlier FF adventures to AFF2 called, The Quest For Karadeth it's about 25 years old and will need some serious updating. It involves the theft of a powerful Artifact. In this case a sword stolen from Karadeths shrine which lays in a town named Three falls, and clings to the side of a cliff split by 3 great waterfalls ( surprisingly :wink: or not) it also has a series of locks, tunnels, and lifts for transporting ships up and down through the citys three levels which are possibly of Dwarven construction, somewhere in the mountains .
Nice, I like the idea of the waterfalls. May include it in a campaign!
Tentez votre chance...