Portrait request

For the discussion of Arion Games character illustration service

Moderator: parkusuk

Postby sakai » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi, I wonder if non standard commisions are also available. I am thinking of a halfling like race on top of elephant or some other beast/dinasour. There should be a dewelling placed on top as well. I understand it is non standard and will be priced as such. If this can be undertaken I will be asking for several other drawings of the same type. More details will be supplied if there is interest.

Thanks very much for your time. Best Regards
sakai

Postby parkusuk » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:32 pm

I can't see this being a problem. Let me know the sort of race, beast and dwelling type, and i will knock up a draft image.
parkusuk

Site Admin

Postby sakai » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:36 am

parkusuk wrote:I can't see this being a problem. Let me know the sort of race, beast and dwelling type, and i will knock up a draft image.

The concept is the Halflings are Gipsy like race who are engaged in trade. They carry their "business" with themselves all the time.

If you can come up with the same type of beast, then no problem. I prefer this, and the beast can be any size Huge animal, including dinosaurs or elephants.

One of the poses should have a commercial/residential structure on top. Depending on how you place the building there can be a visible driver or not.

The other pose should be a defensive/military structure on top of an animal. It can be a simple covered turret like thing with a large crossbow or ballista, or anything you come up with, as long as its armed status is clear.

The third pose should be a large structure somehow balanced between two of those beasts. This can be done by ropes (flexiable) or by poles (rigid) The building should be larger then the previous ones.

The exact pose or the animals are really up to you. It is the concept which matters for me. Thanks for your interest.
sakai

Postby sakai » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:07 am

I am really excited for the chance of my main campaign theme coming true. Are there any other details you would require, or any other way I can assist ? Thank you.
sakai

Postby sakai » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:34 am

Sir, it has been a month since I proposed a character illustration and you have agreed that it can be done. I understand that there can be unseen obstacles. Still it would be much more elegant if you would just said it can't be done at this period. I continue to be a fan of your work, although with a broken heart. :cry: :wink:
sakai

Postby parkusuk » Sun May 02, 2010 9:14 pm

Well, you are right that there were unforseen obstacles, and it has been a loony month. Three 60 hour weeks and lambing has somewhat got in the way, but this evening i devoted to starting this. And then i saw your post.

Hopefully you are still interested, and i have a sample of the halfling race, and three different beasts, all with the same Howdah on their back. Other buildings would not be a problem.

Bear in mind that these are very low-res renders.

Let me know what you think, and apologies again for the delay.
parkusuk

Site Admin

Postby sakai » Mon May 03, 2010 4:02 am

parkusuk wrote:Well, you are right that there were unforseen obstacles, and it has been a loony month. Three 60 hour weeks and lambing has somewhat got in the way, but this evening i devoted to starting this. And then i saw your post.

Hopefully you are still interested, and i have a sample of the halfling race, and three different beasts, all with the same Howdah on their back. Other buildings would not be a problem.

Bear in mind that these are very low-res renders.

Let me know what you think, and apologies again for the delay.

Hi Sir, yes I am still very much interested. Thanks for your time and effort. Personally I think a more childish face could be more suited to halflings. At the moment he seemed a bit "serious". Although this is not a necessity for me.

As for the beasts the bug like one is my favorite. The dinasour is great also. Elephants are too much used and the other two has more fantasy flavor. Still the most important thing for me is there should be similar beasts with different structures. If that can be achieved easily with elephants then elephants it is :)

Please keep up the excellent work, I am very excited for the outcome.
sakai

Postby parkusuk » Mon May 10, 2010 8:04 pm

Another Halfling, and a female halfling:

More to follow soon
parkusuk

Site Admin

Postby sakai » Wed May 12, 2010 4:14 am

parkusuk wrote:Another Halfling, and a female halfling:

Nice although the size of that grin can be a little smaller. Still liked this figure very much :)

parkusuk wrote:Image

More to follow soon
Eagerly awaiting for them, thanks for your efforts.
sakai

Return to Character Illustration