Re: Out of the pit 3

Post by LordArioch » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:39 pm

Revenge of the Pit
Return to the Pit sounds good.

shintokamikaze
Hero

Post by shintokamikaze » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:12 pm

Nuvole! wrote:Scraping the bottom of the Pit is a far second, way after Pitty Mc Pitface :lol:
Pity The Fool :lol:

Ruffnut
Hero

Post by Ruffnut » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:22 pm

Lorian wrote:Pitty Mc pit Face
/\ Best Name Ever!
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.

gloccus

Post by gloccus » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:12 am

What, no Wax Golem?

Seriously though, I'm very much looking forward to OotP3—Revenge of the Pit. I think Beyond the Pit and The Titan Herbal are by far the best Arion Games publications so far (at least under the AFF brand) and this list of monsters has several that I've wanted to know more about ever since I encountered them in the books.

LordArioch
Adventurer

Post by LordArioch » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:44 pm

Paging the Arion Lads: Is there any word about upcoming publications? My gold pieces are burning a hole in my wallet. Sell me something! :)

Andrew Wright

Post by Andrew Wright » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:44 am

Hey, thanks for all the feedback! :-)

OOTP3 is still chugging along and has turned into a bit of a beast itself at 90K words and counting.

I'm currently working on the Encounter Tables, and I have about 10 monster descriptions to go. Of course I saved the most difficult and convoluted to describe until last, so they're taking a bit of time and motivation. Plus the Ciarensian Campaign has been distracting...

I'm hoping to get the text all done by the start of June (at the latest), and then can work on layout and illustrations. We've almost reached the limit of describing monsters that already have existing gamebook artwork, so will have to commission new art for quite a few of the beasts.

There will also be a few new bits and pieces in OOTP3 as well, like I did with the Herbal, so it won't be just a list of monsters (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Back to work!

cheers

Andy

Ruffnut
Hero

Post by Ruffnut » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:18 pm

Andrew Wright wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:44 am

OOTP3 is still chugging along and has turned into a bit of a beast itself at 90K words and counting.

I'm currently working on the Encounter Tables, and I have about 10 monster descriptions to go. Of course I saved the most difficult and convoluted to describe until last, so they're taking a bit of time and motivation. Plus the Ciarensian Campaign has been distracting...

I'm hoping to get the text all done by the start of June (at the latest), and then can work on layout and illustrations. We've almost reached the limit of describing monsters that already have existing gamebook artwork, so will have to commission new art for quite a few of the beasts.

There will also be a few new bits and pieces in OOTP3 as well, like I did with the Herbal, so it won't be just a list of monsters (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Back to work!

cheers

Andy
Can't Wait!
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.

shintokamikaze
Hero

Post by shintokamikaze » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:47 pm

Ruffnut wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:18 pm
Andrew Wright wrote:

Back to work!

cheers

Andy
Can't Wait!
yep, it's gonna be epic

Robb 1
Knight

Post by Robb 1 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:47 pm

shintokamikaze wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:47 pm
Ruffnut wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:18 pm
Andrew Wright wrote:

Back to work!

cheers

Andy
Can't Wait!
yep, it's gonna be epic
fantastic count me in as another can't wait :D

Nuvole!
Hero

Post by Nuvole! » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:12 am

I actually CAN wait, as long as waiting is giving you a chance of doing a better job 8)
Fighting Fantasy fans during decades showed plenty of patience! :roll:

By the way, why are you calling it OOTP3, when everybody knows that the final title will be Pitty McPitface? :lol:
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Post by SkinnyOrc » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:31 am

Yep agree, I'd rather wait and it be the best as it can be. This is probably the final book we're going to get with monsters from the FF gamebooks. We might even need to look forward to another AFF2 book as the next to get published.

Nuvole!
Hero

Post by Nuvole! » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:48 am

Are you adding also the monsters from the very last FF gamebooks, such as Port of Peril and Gates of Death? 8)
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Robb 1
Knight

Post by Robb 1 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:17 pm

Nuvole! wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:12 am
I actually CAN wait, as long as waiting is giving you a chance of doing a better job 8)
Fighting Fantasy fans during decades showed plenty of patience! :roll:

By the way, why are you calling it OOTP3, when everybody knows that the final title will be Pitty McPitface? :lol:
still Pit the Younger for me :lol: i agree recon i can wait. As they say" all good things come to those who wait" which has proven very true with all the AFF stuff so far :D

LordArioch
Adventurer

Post by LordArioch » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:28 am

If this goes to Kickstarter, all I ask is that backers are allowed to use Paypal, for the reason that, when I attempted to back the Stellar Adventures KS, my bank had a fit about transferring funds overseas, and it caused many headaches. So, if Arion permits Paypal, they've got more of my money. :)

shintokamikaze
Hero

Post by shintokamikaze » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:28 am

SkinnyOrc wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:31 am
Yep agree, I'd rather wait and it be the best as it can be. This is probably the final book we're going to get with monsters from the FF gamebooks. We might even need to look forward to another AFF2 book as the next to get published.
I would love to see some stuff from the wizard books as well, Stormdrake, steam golem, tremorworm, dethling, skeletal serpent, grave golem, ghoul hound, scarecrow ect ect. I think the wizards monsters are some of the best ever.