Occupations

HedgeWizard
Adventurer

Re: Occupations

Post by HedgeWizard » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:24 am

Looking forward to seeing what you create SkinnyOrc :-).

But looking at yours and the other document I have to say that yours is my preferred, when adding things please keep in mind that sometimes less really is more.

Robb 1
Knight

Post by Robb 1 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:58 pm

HedgeWizard wrote:Looking forward to seeing what you create SkinnyOrc :-).

But looking at yours and the other document I have to say that yours is my preferred, when adding things please keep in mind that sometimes less really is more.
Ditto I have very fond memories of WHFRP1 and it will be nice to try career development in an AFF setting. My current pc s have all been created so will use it to flesh out the Npcs 8)

Ruffnut
Hero

Post by Ruffnut » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:31 am

Robb 1 wrote:
HedgeWizard wrote:Looking forward to seeing what you create SkinnyOrc :-).

Ditto I have very fond memories of WHFRP1 and it will be nice to try career development in an AFF setting. My current pc s have all been created so will use it to flesh out the Npcs 8)
Same!
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.

FarsightBlogger

Post by FarsightBlogger » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:34 pm

Careers was one of my favourite things about WFRP 1st Edition (it's my favourite FRP of all time) so having both these occupations options for AFF is just gold for me. I use Fighting Fantasy to introduce players to the roleplaying hobby, so now I can use it to get them into Warhammer, too!

FarsightBlogger

Post by FarsightBlogger » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:49 pm

drbargle wrote:
Nuvole! wrote:Come back more often! :)
Well then I won't have all this good stuff saved up for me! But yeah, keeping places like this lively is very important. If people considering picking up AFF visit this forum, I hope they'd get the (correct) impression that there is a lively and active community.

[And with AFF, the level of system mastery required to make sensible, usable suggestions is so low that they can become an active participant shortly after they've finished reading the book!]
I agree with this - this is a great little community and there's plenty of material to help out and add to the game, and it'd be a great place for new AFF players and gamers in general to visit to learn more. Everyone is really friendly and there's always something new.

I think we should have a call to arms, get the word out there and let people know that this community exists, the game is alive and well and there's new material for it.

I've already put the word out on Twitter using the #fightingfantasy hashtag and linked directly to this forum board, so let's bring on the trumpets!

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Post by SkinnyOrc » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:50 am

I've added dwarf occupations, just elves to go! The link on the first post has been updated.

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Post by SkinnyOrc » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:13 pm

Elves are written up now too, the link's updated to v1.2. Only took me a month to get around to it!

I've had to make up a take on what Titan dwarf and elf societies are like so I had something to base their occupations on. Hopefully it fits with what's already been written about them in the books.

torus
Knight

Post by torus » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:06 am

This is great work. I had started to develop something like this myself a while back but got bogged down. The WFRP career system was something I always liked, second only to the one in Traveller.

Lorian
Knight

Post by Lorian » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:50 am

This is epic!
Life is merely a speck of dust on the beach of time...

Ruffnut
Hero

Post by Ruffnut » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:32 pm

This Is Great!
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Post by SkinnyOrc » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:54 pm

Thanks guys.
torus wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:06 am
This is great work. I had started to develop something like this myself a while back but got bogged down. The WFRP career system was something I always liked, second only to the one in Traveller.
Yeah probably not my most original idea :) But something AFF deserved to have for it and the Christmas break seemed like the time to get my head down and make it happen. It turned out to be more fun to write up than I expected.