Curious Case of the Saxon Spear Problems/Errors

Everything to do with the classic RPG and its two sequels

Moderators: bottg, PaulB

Jay_NOLA

Curious Case of the Saxon Spear Problems/Errors

Post by Jay_NOLA » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:50 pm

Noticed these errors/problems and questions in the Curious Case of the Saxon Spear when entering it for Fantasy Grounds a few weeks back.

A.) The Danish Thug on page 4 has these problems:

1.) The damage for Axe and Fist are doing +2 damage more than they ought to do. Most likely the characters have the Combat Training Ability at rank III or even rank IV to get the +2 to damage.

2.) They have a Leather Tunic, but it isn't indicate if this gives a Penalty. (Leather Tunic isn't an armor given in the Maelstrom Domesday Core book.) Also, if they characters have Combat Training at rank III they would also get a +1 to AR. If they have Combat Training at rank IV which would give a +2 to AR.

3.) Not sure if they ought to have any other abilities.

B.) Does Agaleca on page 5 have any abilities that didn't get recorded with his stats. Asking, cause of the Combat training Ability missing from the danish thug stats on the previous page.

P.S. Having friend type this in for me as I've been dealing with a complications for a medical test which has had me in and out of the hospital and ER the past few weeks and is still unresolved. I currently can't see my primary hand at all for typing and may have some permanent damage on it. Friend volunteered to type in some stuff for me while at his house using my laptop. Trying to keep my mind off of the pain.

bottg
Site Admin

Re: Curious Case of the Saxon Spear Problems/Errors

Post by bottg » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:05 pm

Sorry to hear you are not well...hopefully things improve!

I will go through these tomorrow and update the pdf. Thank for this!

bottg
Site Admin

Re: Curious Case of the Saxon Spear Problems/Errors

Post by bottg » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:53 am

The updated pdf is uploading now. To make it clear, i have added in NPC abilities.

As a rule, a "General" NPC will have rank III in a professional ability. That is they are skilled and experienced, but not masters.