'Whee(lies)!'

Advanced Fighting Fantasy discussion
dipsomancer

'Whee(lies)!'

Post by dipsomancer » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:22 pm

Hi all, part-time lurker, first time poster,

I've been angsting about how best to introduce myself and thought I might as well start off with something I've been goofing off on.
So here's my own interpretation of the classic Wheelie as a potential playable character.

Wheelies
  • Characteristic Modifiers: -1 Skill, -2 Stamina, +1 Luck
  • Starting Talents: Fleet footed, Disc Shaped*
  • Starting Skills: Acrobatics, City or Underground Lore, Dodge, Thrown
  • Additional Skills: 3 skills at 2pts, 6 skills at 1pts
*Wheelies are disc-shaped, with their faces located in the centre. Around their edge sprout four tiny hands enabling them to move by cartwheeling.
Due to their unusual body shape & method of locomotion, wheelies are generally unable to wear conventional armour or headgear (although they are able to wear two pairs of gloves!).
A Wheelie character may approach an armourer to make a specific suit of tailored armour for them, however this suit would be made of leather and cost three times the normal amount. Metal armour may also be theoretically constructed but the cost and encumbrance is likely to be much higher (when calculating the encumbrance of metal armour subtract 4 points from the wheelies armour skill).
One bonus to the Wheelies odd shape though is that when viewed 'edge on’ they’re more difficult to spot, giving them a +1 to sneaking tests when perfectly still.

Jakob

Re: 'Whee(lies)!'

Post by Jakob » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:45 pm

Very nice - I'm a big fan of weird player races!
http://swanosaurus.blogspot.com/ - A Fierce and Beautfiul Creature

Chompy

Re: 'Whee(lies)!'

Post by Chompy » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:37 pm

Love Wheelies! Though when I imagine metal armour for them I can't help but think of those foil-wrapped chocolate coins. :P